JCI_Japan Culinary Institute General Conditions
1. The Deposit Fee and the Tuition must be paid before commencement of classes. Course fees can be paid only by wire transfer. The certificate of enrollment will be issued only after completion of the transfer, confirmed by the Office of Admissions at its receiving bank account. JCI may, at its sole discretion, exclude from any course and/or examinations any registered student who fails to pay the applicable Tuition Fee within the period stated above or any other period as may be agreed with JCI. JCI reserves the right to claim back from any such student any reasonable expenses incurred in reliance upon his/her registration on the course.
2. Enrollment Fee paid to JCI_Japan Culinary Institute are non-refundable unless JCI_Japan Culinary Institute decides not to grant the student a place on the relevant course. Cancellation will only be accepted if made in writing signed by you and sent to JCI_Japan Culinary Institute.
If cancellation occurs not less than 180 days prior to the course start date, JCI_Japan Culinary Institute will refund 100% of the Tuition Fee (excluding Enrollment Fee ); 50% of the Tuition Fee (excluding Enrollment Fee ) will be refunded if cancellation occurs at least 60 days before the course start date.
30% of the Tuition Fee (excluding Enrollment Fee ) will be refunded if cancellation occurs at least 30 days before the course start date. No refund will be made if cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the course start date. For students who do not hold an Japanese residence permit, there will be no refund the Enrollment Fee and the Tuition Fee after the Certificate of Enrollment has been issued.
Changing a course (changing a registered major to another major or changing the start date or duration of a registered course), if within one year of the start of the previous course, may be made under the following conditions
a) if the course change request is notified from180 to 30 days prior to the registered course start date: 20% of the registered course fee
b) if the course change request is notified 30 days or more prior to the start of the registered course 50% of the registered course fee.
There is NO REFUND of the fees already paid. Students can allocate the fees already paid, deducting the above course change fees, to the payment for new courses.
3. Course fees include a Certificate of Attendance (short-term programs) or a Diploma (long-term programs) as specified for the course.
4. JCI will be responsible for preparing the basic equipment for each student. Transportation fees and all personal expenses are not covered by the school.
5. Specific information such as the duration of the course shall be communicated to the student upon registration. Examinations must be taken at the end of the relevant course. No student shall be allowed to take the examinations after the end of the relevant course and JCI shall not, in this case, issue any final certification to the student.
6. Attendance is compulsory. No student shall be allowed to take examinations unless he/she attends at least 80% of the lessons. No final certificate shall be issued unless the student maintains the required attendance record until the end of the course and achieves the required pass mark in the examinations. In case students do not attend lessons, there will be no refund of the course fees.
7. By enrolling in any course offered by JCI, students agree to comply fully with the disciplinary rules of JCI as this represents a condition of the agreement between students and JCI. Compliance which the disciplinary rules shall involve a good attendance record, a rigorous respect of the schedule of lessons and a responsible attitude towards the staff of JCI allows students to use any equipment within JCI. Failure to adhere fully to these rules may result in disciplinary measures being taken against the offending student (which, for the avoidance of doubt, may involve the expulsion of the student from the relevant course). To the fullest extent permitted by Japanese law, JCI reserves the right to claim damages in relation to any loss caused by the student.
8. Courses are organized according to the schedules, dates, and programs established by the teachers appointed by JCI, which reserves the right, at any time, to amend any aspect of the course as may be necessary.
9. The examination papers, together with any material produced by the students during the examinations (hereon referred to as The Material) shall be deemed to be the property of JCI. Students hereby assign by way of future assignment all copyrights arising in the Material and in particular allow JCI to exhibit, reproduce and/or publish such Material.9
10. If a student wishes to change the course after registering with JCI, the school will first evaluate the possibility to make the arrangement for changing the course and decide if the course change is possible or not. In case it is possible to make the change, the school will arrange a new course with a handling fee of 20% of the tuition（enrollment fee and tuition) already paid. (If there is a difference between the course fees, the school will calculate the balance to be paid together with the handling fee.)
11. JCI reserves the right to cancel the course prior to the beginning of the courses if less than a quorum to start a course is present. Students who are registered in a course that is canceled will be notified, and the Enrollment Fee and the Tuition Fee will be a full refund.
12. JCI doesn’t take any responsibilities for accidental loss of personal belongings and valuables in school or outside the school.
13. Students must be responsible in case of any damage or vandalization of school property by the student.
14. JCI is closed on Japanese national holidays and school holidays such as summer holidays, winter holidays and Easter holidays.
15. No variation to this agreement shall be valid unless agreed in writing between the parties.
16. For programs held in Japan campuses, the agreement between JCI and students shall be subject to the Japanese law and the parties hereby agree that the Japanese regional courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of this agreement.