Japanese Confections Course
Japanese confectionery has its own world and philosophy reflecting Japanese culture. You will learn and acquire techniques of preparing a variation of sweets, with the context of seasons, occasions, and cultural background in which they are served.
The course aims at learning the most representative Japanese confection making in one month.
You will learn about seasonal Japanese sweets commonly eaten in Japan and how to make them to the level that can be served to customers. In addition, off-school training such as green tea lesson and tea ceremony experience is included in the curriculum.
• Types and history of Japanese sweets
• Types and characteristics of ingredients such as rice, beans, sugar
• How to make general Japanese sweets
• How to make seasonal sweets
• Japanese confectionary dishes and serving
• tea and Matcha lessons